Guingamp vs Paris Saint-Germain Prediction – August 14, 2017
Guingamp will host Paris Saint-Germain at home in the second week of Ligue 1.
In the inaugural match of the season, both teams managed to reap a pretty calming victory, namely PSG 2-0 over Amiens SC and 1-3 Guingamp over Metz.
By knowing it, we can be sure both teams will play insistently to bring home the full points. Edinson Cavani has begun to show his sharpness on the field. The striker had pocketed one goal for the French giants in the first game last week.
However, do not let PSG underestimate the smaller team because of the proof in the last six meetings, Guingamp was able to steal two wins and the rest lost.
Data and Facts of Both Teams:
– For the last six games, PSG is able to win four majors over Guingamp.
– Unai Emery’s final victory over Stade du Roudourou’s camp is 4-0 and it happened on 10 April 2017.
Guingamp: K. Johnsson, J. Sorbon, C. Kerbrat, Fernando Marçal, B. Sankoh, É. Didot, L. Deaux (N. De Pauw 67 ‘), M. Coco (L. Blas 86’), J. Briand, S. Privat (A. Mendy 46 ‘)
Paris Saint-Germain: K. Trapp, T. Meunier, L. Kurzawa (Maxwell 43 ‘), S. Aurier, P. Kimpembe, B. Matuidi, Á. In María (Lucas Moura 84 ‘), M. Verratti, J. Draxler (J. Pastore 53’), A. Rabiot, E. Cavani
– In six friendly matches that have been undertaken by Guingamp, they can only achieve two wins (Brest and Tours) and three defeats (Torino, Bordeaux and Lorient).
– Meanwhile, the Parisiens during the competition in the International Champions Cup, able to record three victories (Monaco, Roma and Angers) and two defeats (Juventus and Tottenham Hotspur).
– Just playing one game in the league, Guingamp ranks fourth with three points. While PSG is right under them with the same collection points, but only different from the number of goals alone.
– The arrival of Brazilian mega-star players, Neymar also of course will play a lot in this game.
– Antoine Kombouare’s team took about 39 minutes to create his first goal.
– While the giant from Paris takes 42 minutes to bag the first goal.
– Guingamp’s biggest win of the season came when they conquered Metz, 3-1 in the inaugural Ligue 1 game. Then PSG won 2-0 victory over Amiens SC last week, which is his biggest win so far.
– Keep in mind that the youngest player in Guingamp, 19-year-old Ludovic Blas managed to bag a goal in last week’s opening match.
– While the team made by Kombouare earned the biggest victory over PSG is 2-1 last season (17/12/2016).
One of the players in the game is Guingamp goalkeeper Karl-Johan Johnsson who recorded 9 clean sheet results in 37 appearances last season.
– Uruguay striker Cavani was named last season’s top scorer with 35 goals in 36 games.
– Dani Alves who just left from Juventus, will certainly play an important role in this fight.
– Marco Verratti, who is committed to stay in Paris also recorded good results last season. In 28 games, he appeared as a starter as much as 25 times.